We have seen it all in March and April, sun, wind, rain, and even snow. But, the ever elusive twelve month Michigan golf season is still in reach. We are excited about things to come and are looking forward to seeing all the smiling faces. The last week of April was the official start of the Tuesday Women’s & Men’s Leagues and we saw the club buzzing with activity.
From the golf shop you will see many new lines as spring moves into summer. Be sure to stop in and have a look at everything that is available for you as a club member. You will find apparel for golf, the lake, and dining at the club. As always, special orders are available if there is anything you need.
Coming in May there are some big events to be ready for. Below you will find a list of key events.
· May 3rd: Women’s Nine, Dine & Wine opening night (6:00 pm start)
· May 4th: Free Guest Day (Call the golf shop to make a required tee time)
· May 6th: Polar Bear Tournament (8:30 am breakfast & 9:30 am shotgun)
· May 13th: Men’s Gull Cup Match Play Tournament (Bracket)
· May 20th: Demo Day #1 (Titleist, PXG, Mizuno & Ping)
· May 23rd: Ladies Opening Cocktail Party (6:00 pm)
· May 26th: Twilight Golf (90’s Night 6:30 shotgun)
· May 27th: Demo Day #2 (Callaway TaylorMade, Cobra & Srixon/Cleveland)
*Both demo days will run from 12:00pm—5:00 pm & include Music & Oberon compliments of Dan Urban
· May 29th: Memorial Day Tournament (7:30 am breakfast & 8:30 shotgun)
· Every weekend beginning in June– PGA Jr. League Starts
· June 1st: Free Guest Day (Call the golf shop to make a required tee time)
· June 3rd: Family Golf Event (Afternoon)
· June 15th—17th: Men’s Invitational
· June 22nd—23rd: Junior Golf Camp #1
· June 30th: Twilight Golf (Big Hole 6:30 pm shotgun)
Pro Tip from Head Golf Professional, Dan Urban
With the bunker work nearly done, you will notice a different consistency to the sand. This lighter sand makes it easier for the club to dig. Don’t be afraid to open the club a bit more and make your pass with a bit more speed.